3/1/10

We Made a Rock Video!!

After recording their first LP “love Goes” in a home made recording studio in a converted dairy barn on a bucolic 4 acre farm, D&A flew to lovely (it’s all relative-right?) LaLa(La)Land
To shoot our very first rock video for our hit song(like I said, relative baby, relative.) “AngelMan”.

Now, me and “D” aka known as “Sticks Wagna” thought to ourselves,how long could making a rock n’ roll video take? a day or two or three? We know! Let’s grab a camera and just go for it dudes! Kowabungaaaaa stlye!

Welllllllllll........we put in a call to our friends, ya know, in “the biz-Baby!” Annnnnd....

Next thing we know we were being emailed treatments. Locations are being scouted. People who knew people we’re even getting permits! Like, whoa, there went our under the radar, guerrilla film shoot, but hey! We were thrilled :). Thanks to the lovely and amazing dynamic duo; Tracy & Michael Blum of Riverstreet (bad-ass) Productions, AngelMan the music vid was born.

Two weeks and an endless stream of caffeinated drinks later,
We found ourselves in front of a Bolex camera, (too cool!), which was in front of the totally, excellent D.P., Scott Hendrickson.

There was a make-up artist and everything, well first there was then by Friday afternoon, there wasn’t and Lord have mercy, Saturday was the shoot. The shock, the horror! at least pour moi, “A”, the chick. Screw the “devil may care” approach, give me some damn eyeshadow, mascara and more importantly layers of concealer, pancake and powder! And they did (give it to me) well Kokeeta did, the angel & make-up artist who showed up on Saturday- et voila! I was a “natural” beauty! The camera don’t lie- but the make-up do... (insert maniacal laughter here) she’s awesome!!

Did I mention choreography? Just when we thought we couldn’t get more professional! Cue the spot light, the jazz hands, black leotards, the winking at the audience over my left shoulder...oops! I digress. I was a theater major damnit!! (insert a wide-eyed Gloria Swanson, a la “Sunset Boulevard” 1950, here).
Choreography, right. Now, even though rock music has been pulsing through my veins since seated in the way back tiny crawl space of a 1970 VW bug (car seat!? What car seats? or seat belts for that matter!). Back there, I rocked out to Janis, Led Zep, the Beatles and more. So, one would just assume (I did!) that rock god moves were also pulsing through this kid of the early 70’s veins as well. Especially since each day after elementary school with a Brooks Brothers tie around my head (sorry dad!) and a wooden tennis racket (yep, wooden!) I put in hourzzz of air-guitaring my ass off to entire legendary rock albums (both sides! Twice!) Damn, I was good!

So where am I going with this? Oh right! the shoot, the shoot people! Choreography... SO, with emphasis “elementary school” and “air guitar”, D&A hired a choreographer, the fabulous Cecily Garcia, to show us how to rock the mike and guitars and well, ourselves. Dang, the girl’s got moves!! Move over Fergie, humps or no humps, thanks to Cecily’s major talent, I pulled off a good hair flip or two. So what if my back-flip hand-spring wound up on the cutting room floor (owww, I’ll be fine, really.)


Okay, enough about da band memba’s, let’s get to the cast...Jon Gries, a real bonafide actor, played our AngelMan. What talent, it’s all in the subtleties really and Jon, “homes”, you got mad, mad skills. Go ahead, IMDB him, the list of his film roles will blow your mind and keep you scrolling down for days. BTW one of D&A’s favorite role’s of Jon’s is that of Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite. Haha! he’s hilarious and so is the movie. Like, Gosh! Go rent it! Jeez! Rent Real Genius while you’re at it. Don’t ask, just trust me on this!

D&A had a blast! The shoot was so much fun. The whole entire crew made it such a great experience! They are and were all AngelMen and AngelWomen in our book. They rock and they rocked it!
We love you!! Love, D&A

No comments:

Post a Comment